Irrican Plant Operator/Technician
The St. Mary River Irrigation District (SMRID) is seeking to fill a full-time, permanent opportunity as an Irrican Plant Operator/Technician with our Operations department. The ideal candidate will ensure the needs of water users are met through the efficient operation and maintenance of our three (3) Irrican Hydro Plants.
Roles and Responsibilities Include:
- Efficiently operate Irrican Hydro Plants to ensure optimal power production
- Ensure water delivery to water users and partner districts
- Analyze blueprints and drawings associated with Hydro Plant operations
- Maintain excellent records of plant operations, using various software programs and SCADA system using Wonderware and other programs such as SCADA Alarm
- Maintenance and repair of hydro plants to ensure optimal power production
- Work in conjunction with other Water Coordinators to ensure proper flow control
- Available for on call service as required
- Assist with maintenance, repairs and troubleshooting of Chin, Raymond and Drop 4,5 and 6 Hydro Plants and related remote sites
- Determine when to contract repairs and maintenance to outside companies and assist in the hiring process
- Maintain quarterly progress report for the District which details all repairs and outstanding projects
- Demonstrate analytical and time managements skills to prioritize work effectively
- Ensure that repairs to Rotorks, gate operators and other equipment are completed as needed
- The ability to work rotational shifts year around including occasional weekends and Statutory holidays
Education and Experience:
- A Journeyman Electrician Certification with 3-5 years’ experience is preferred
- Valid certificates in confined space entry, H2S Alive and First Aid/CPR
- Knowledge of irrigation flows, diversion, time frames of use, and flow measurements
- Knowledge of related software programs such as Wonderware and SCADA
- Class 5 Driver’s License and clean Driver’s abstract
- Knowledge of data communication by radio and automation programming
We offer a competitive Salary based on education and experience, a Canada Life benefits program and the Local Authorities’ Pension Plan.
A Cover Letter and Resume are required. Submit to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
This Competition will remain open until November 29, 2022.
All candidates are thanked in advance for their interest, only those who are interviewed will be contacted.
As a progressive organization, SMRID is committed to our Vision, Mission and Values, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion.
To get a PDF of the job posting click here.