Vegetation Control Specialist
East Division (Bow Island Location)
This position requires self-direction and ability to quickly identify nuisance vegetation and assist with the control and eradication of such from the SMRID land and waterways. It requires proficiency at completing written reports and detailing recommendations for vegetation control to the supervisor. Expert knowledge of the handling, storage and application of materials in accordance with the manufacturer’s recommendations and laws. As this position is required to transport dangerous chemicals, an exemplary driving record is required. Depending on the ability to control vegetation this position will assist the operations crews during and after the operating season either in the workshop or on district projects out in the field.
It is a permanent full time position that offers extended health benefits, life insurance and a pension program.
- Valid Aquatic and Industrial Pesticide applicators license or willingness to train
- Grade 12 education
- Able to fully comprehend and comply with all manufacturers requirements regarding pesticide application
- Complete all required safety certifications including WHMIS and TDG
- Basic emergency response training including ICS 100
- Clean abstract and valid Class 5 Operator’s license
- Able to work methodically and to ensure public safety
- Have the ability to quickly identify and repair mechanical issues with spraying equipment.
- Ability to maintain accurate records
- Ability to work independently and place priorities on the workload
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and other basic computer skills to complete online reports
- Mowing, grounds keeping and maintenance of equipment
- Maintain, repair, or construct/install turnouts, culverts or pipeline as required
- Locate buried pipeline facilities
A Resume and a Cover letter are required. Send to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
This Ad will be posted until May 19, 2023.
All candidates are thanked in advance for their interest, only those who are interviewed will be contacted.
As a progressive organization, SMRID is committed to our Vision, Mission and Values, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion.
To get a PDF of the job posting click here.