Frequently Asked Questions
Have questions? We’re here to help. If you can’t find the question you’re looking for, send us a message.
How do I sign up for the water ordering app?
How Do I Make a Bill Payment?
- Cheque - bring in your cheque during business hours or drop it off at the mailbox outside our offices during non-working hours
- Debit card (only at the Lethbridge and Taber offices)
- Online banking through the following institutions:
- ATB Financial
- Royal Bank of Canada (RBC)
- Bank of Montreal (BMO)
- Scotia Bank
- All Credit Unions
For customers that do not bank with the above financial institutions, send your payment by E- transfer.
Email to use: email@example.com
Password: Input your SMRID account number as shown on your invoice.
Please note: If your SMRID account number is less than six digits, put zeros before your number so that the number adds up to six digits; however, if your financial institution requires nine digits, add zeros before your number so that our account number totals to nine digits.
If your account number is 12345, input our account number as follows in your online banking:
- If your bank requires six digits - 012345
- If your bank requires nine digits - 000012345
As a water user, what information should I have when I call SMRID?
Have your name and account number as it shows on your SMRID invoice.
When do I get billed for my payment?
- Permanent acres, Leases and Annual agreements are billed out in the spring.
- Water Conveyance agreements are billed out in November/December.
- Household Purpose agreements are billed out in December.
Can I walk along SMRID canal banks?
Yes, only foot traffic is allowed. You need to give right-of-way to SMRID equipment using our banks.
Can I drive on SMRID canal banks?
Driving on SMRID canal banks is not allowed.
Can I hunt on SMRID property?
No hunting without permission from SMRID.
Can I swim in SMRID canals?
No. Swimming in SMRID canals is strictly prohibited.
Who is my water coordinator?
See our list of Water Coordinators.
Can I fish in SMRID reservoirs?
Yes, you can, with appropriate fishing license.
When is the water turned on/off?
Water is turned on early in the month of May and turned off mid-October. Always check with your Water Coordinator for more details and/or changes.
Are your offices open during statutory holidays?
Our offices are closed during all statutory holidays.